Pediatric Pulmonary Associates of North Texas is devoted to the care of infants, children, adolescents and young adults with chronic respiratory system problems. Through our interactions with you and your child, we hope to provide you with a knowledge base and assessment tools to enable your child and family to live a normal life style as much as possible. Our focus is on education and customizing an action plan for both preventative care and for acute illness. The result is to minimize the impact of your child’s pulmonary illness. At the conclusion of each office visit, an action plan is created and reviewed with you and your child. This includes daily (preventative or controller) medications, if needed (rescue) medications, and special medications/instructions. Peak flow meter settings are also included if appropriate for your child.
We strive to work closely with your child’s primary care physician and any other physicians involved in the care of your child. A letter summarizing your child’s pulmonary problem and your action plan is sent to your child’s other physicians following each office visit.
We are board certified pediatric pulmonologists specializing in the care of infants, children, adolescents and young adults with chronic respiratory system problems. We are committed to controlling impairment and reducing risk for lung disease in your child. We optimize treatment to maintain normal activity and pulmonary function, prevent troublesome symptoms, prevent ER visits and hospitalizations. We focus on your education and understanding of the illness processes and treatment recommendations. We aim to meet your expectations by providing the highest quality of pulmonary care for your child. Â Se habla espanol. Drs. Mandujano and Medina speak Spanish and welcome Spanish-speaking patients.
Our approach to your child’s health care includes:
- Diagnosing the disease based on a comprehensive history, physical examination and laboratory studies where indicated.
- Assessing the impact of the disease on the patient, family and school (where applicable).
- Developing an individualized treatment plan to address the specific needs of the patient and family.
- Providing education to the patient and family regarding the disease process, treatment and prevention.
- Minimizing the impact of the disease on normal childhood activities, growth and development and family activities.
- Maximizing the independence of the patient and family in caring for the disease.
- Being available for acute problems, re-assessments and preventative care.
It is important to remember that the nature of asthma and other chronic lung problems are such that significant and serious lung abnormalities may exist at a time when the patient may have no or only few symptoms and may even have a normal examination. Periodic re-examinations even when the patient is not having problems are essential for ensuring continued good health and well-being.
Every effort is made to explain the patient’s condition and treatment plan to you. DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK QUESTIONS IF SOMETHING IS NOT CLEAR TO YOU. Our staff was chosen and trained with much thought and care, so that we may provide to you and your child quality medical services in a pleasant, efficient and friendly atmosphere. If you have suggestions regarding our services, please let us know.
Please bring written questions or concerns with you to your appointment. An effort is made to fully answer your questions. You have the right to be fully informed of our findings.
About Privia Health
We are proudly part of Privia Health. Privia equips leading primary and specialty care physicians with cutting-edge resources to help us deliver outstanding, personalized patient care. That’s why Privia’s patient satisfaction scores are 2x higher than national averages. Visit their website to learn how Privia helps you take control of your care.
You have enough on your plate. We make it easy to message your doctor, connect to on-demand virtual care, receive appointment reminders, refill prescriptions, and get care on the go. If you see more than one doctor in our network, your entire care team has access to your medical chart so we can all work together for your health. Use the myPrivia app or patient portal to:
- Book appointments, renew prescriptions, and access your electronic health record
- Send and receive secure messages with your care team
Healthy for the Long Haul
You’re more than a set of symptoms. Privia champions lifelong health and wellness, inside and outside the doctor’s office. From pediatrics to adult needs, preventive programs to complex care, doctor’s visits to self-care at home – we’re here to support you on every step in your journey. Count on Privia for:
- Collaborative, team-based medical group with leading local providers
- Same- or next-day appointments with 24/7 telehealth for immediate care
Our Doctors Do More
You can enjoy personalized care without pricey membership fees. Privia doctors take the time to listen to your concerns, from wellness programs to chronic care management. Patients rate our providers 4.9 out of 5 for efforts to include them in decisions about their care, so you can be confident your doctor will help you understand the guidance you get, in-office or virtually. With Privia, you can expect:
- Unhurried, comprehensive visits to develop the right care plan for you
- Nationally recognized top physicians and healthcare professionals